ever wonder what the best way to capture you while jumping backed by a sunset (or light) is? when your picture is just an amazing silhouette in front of the sunset?
we went to our local beach one evening and it just called for a sunset silhouette picture. while I was doing my very best capturing my kids jumping before one of the most glorious sunsets I had very little luck getting the awesome image I was looking for. either I was too early or too late for the big moment;-)
while my kids were getting frustrated with me having to jump 15 times for one image I had my 13-year-old beautiful adopted daughter for a month (house guest for a month;-) gave me a very trick little tip. here is her brilliant way of quickly capturing the perfect jump:
what you need:
your iphone (I don't know what generation of iphone can do this, I have a 4S) NOTE: any phone that can take a screen shot/ screen image will work perfect
sunset (or light coming from the back of the person jumping)
here is what you do:
1. the photographer faces the light (so the photographed subject's back is to the light)
2. you take a VIDEO of the person jumping
3. you play the video and pause it at the jump
4. take a screen image or screen shot by pressing the top right button of your iphone and the menu button at the same time (it may not be called menu button but I mean the round button on the face of your phone- on the bottom)
5. voila! there is your awesome jumping picture!
here is ours;-) or a couple of ours' ;-)
if you need help with your iphone just ask a teenager!